Thursday, June 17, 2010

Where'd The Time Go??

"...I said to Hollywood, 'Where'd he go?' Hollywood said, 'Where'd who go?'..." Name that movie. Come on...just try.

Well I can't believe it's been NINE months since I've blogged. Seriously, where did the time go? I mean...quite a few bloggable happenings and one major, blog-worthy life event has taken place since last September. I started this blog to post pics from our trip to Europe last summer. Then I posted a few more things. Then I stopped. Now I'm starting again. I'll try to just hit the high points until I catch up! So...

September '09.
Alicia quits job. Actually, that is incorrect. Alicia quits job in June '09. Alicia's last day at Sony Music Entertainment is September 18, 2009. Longest notice in the history of the American job. Maybe. Maybe not. I love the music industry, but it took me a long time to get the nerve up to quit. I needed to quit the business side so that I could begin to work on the side that I actually love. The music side of the music business. Which is, in fact, still business. So since September, I have been watching small children and writing songs and playing my guitar and watching small children and playing my guitar and writing songs. And watching children. Music was (and still is) the plan. The plan grew a bit in December when Brad asked me to marry him.

So...here are a few of the fun things that happened post-Sony and pre-engagement:

Went to Atlanta to see this guy:
I technically went to see Sir Paul just before I left Sony, but I don't think you can really leave Macca out. That's just not right.

Nana turned 86 and visited with her long-time friend, Mabel, at her birthday party:
Nana is on the right...they were so cute...just chattering away!

The Harvey family grew and welcomed little Lennox Jude on October 2nd:
Big sister & brother, Presleigh Nicole (5) and Hendrix Matthew (2), are SO sweet to baby Lennox!

Copper & Libby played and played and played:

I went to the Franklin Fall Festival with Ariel (Presleigh's favorite):

And then December rolled around and this guy asked me to marry him:
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Is the quote from Mannequin? I think it's from Mannequin. I hope I get points for that. And the picture of Copper & Libby is awesome!

    ReplyDelete