Thursday, June 24, 2010

He Said She Said

"...and then he said, 'Will you marry me?' And then she said, 'Yes.' And then he was all, 'Whew!' and she was all, 'Oh my goodness!!'"

Setting:
My apartment at Chowning Square in Nashville, TN, on Christmas Eve. Time is approximately 12:30pm.

Cast:
Brad Eatherly
Audra Rosenbury
Aaron Rosenbury

So I thought we were getting together for a little gift exchange with our close friends, The Rosenburys. We love the Rosenburys! An excerpt from Brad's Flickr page explains further:

I proposed on Christmas Eve. I had Audra and Aaron come over under the guise of us exchanging gifts with them. Alicia thought it all very normal. Then I told her I had something for her since we normally open one gift on Christmas Eve. Her dog had chewed up her Bible so I bought her a new one with what will be her new name engraved on it (Alicia Eatherly). I tied the ring to the ribbon in the Bible. I had to pry her hands off her face with a crowbar to pop the question.

Awww. I've copied a few pics below. For a whopping 31 pics of our engagement, visit Brad's Flickr page. 31 flavors and then some. Look around. You'll enjoy the pics of all his travels and ancestors.

Enjoying opening our new card and board games. Clueless.

Holding steady at clueless:

Starting to get it:

At some point I opted for the traditional Chinese bow while Brad opted for the left-right fake:

Brad's accomplices and fellow cast members (and our dear friends!), Aaron & Audra Rosenbury:

They also got the whole thing on video. Click here to be redirected to youtube to view it. Oh...you don't necessarily need to see all that? You're in the middle of something already? Cool. I totally get it and am right there with you. No worries. Just read my one concluding thought below (and buy all of their albums):

"Always remember there is nothing worth sharing like the love that let us share our name."
-The Avett Brothers

1 comment: